Since I can’t sleep and I’ve just remembered that I have challege from BEC about “Ten Years from Now”, I will write about it now. I know it is too late to write about it since the due date is over but I will write it still. I always feel so excited when it comes to tell about the future. I got challenge to write a letter for myself in 10 years later. Now, this 24 year-old woman will write for Meykke who turns 34 years old.
How are you? How is your life now? Is everything ok?
It’s so weird to write a letter for you since you are me. I am you. But, anyway I hope you are still alive (Oh God please I am sure still alive, right?)
Meykke, I know that you have so many things to do. Sometimes you get obsessed by something and work very hard to reach them. Even you can stay up until 3 am only for writing this. Sometimes you’re unbelievable!
Along these years, what will have you got already?? I have so many questions for you. But, the first thing popping up in mind is,
- You will have got married already. You will have understood that it’s not scary. Or now, are you reading this together with him? (I feel embarassed now, qiqiqiqiqiqi) Then now you will just smile so widely then. I’m sure you will have found the right one. Wait, and I think you will have had a child now. Like what?? Is it a girl like what you always dream of? Or, is it a little cute boy? OMG, or you will have had both of them?? 10 years changes everything, huh??
- I hope you will have had your own house. I know what kind of house you want. You want the cute one with light blue wall. You will have had a garden inside with a small fountain in the middle of small pond. Then, you will have had a swimming pool, only the small one will be so enough. Every morning, you will have listened the sound of the water from the garden. When I think about it, I’m so excited, Mey!! Hope husband will have agreed, then.
- I think you will have published your personal literature/comedy novel or romance novel, even both of them. Now you are writing the comedy one though it feels like it takes forever to finish, but I’m pretty sure you will have finished it and got it published. Then you will have built the small lprivate library which you can read altogether with the whole family when holiday comes.
- I’m sure you will have been better as moslem. Now I’m working on it. I’m really sure you will have been far far better than me now. You will have worn a syari’ah clothes and become a lot better. Insha Allah.
- Heyy, and how about your bussiness?? I think you will have had your own bussiness while teaching since teaching is your passion,you said. You said you wanna be entrepreuner too, right? Or maybe you will have merged with your husband to build some bussiness together. Not only taking care of house, I hope you will have had something important to do. Well, though it is important as well. But, you will have supported ur husband in financial, too right?
Meykke, I’m writing this to boost your courage. I know it is too much. So, when you read this ten years later and reality doesn’t fit it, don’t be sad. Because God will give the best for us as everytime. What I know for sure is.....ten years later, you will have been much more mature than me now.You will have understood what your life is for. You will have achieved what you’re struggling for. Because you have to believe God never sleeps, God never fails.
Meykke, just have a courage and keep going. You are the only thing I have, your mind, your soul, your idea of life, your courage,YOU. I only have you. Without you, I am transparant.